Reloading Forum - Ammunition Reloading
August 02, 2014, 03:34:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here tried aluminum gas checks on cast boolits?  (Read 1705 times)
Back Yard Hunt

« on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:44 AM »

Anyone here tried aluminum gas checks on cast boolits? I am awaiting delivery on two tools to make gas checks in .22 and .30 caliber. Would like to hear hints, tips and your experiences.
BackAtchya

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »

I don't have any experience first hand, but it's something I would be interested in getting into for making .223 for the AR out of cast lead.

I cam across this video showing a tool that makes them really well. Might be worth a look.

"Freechex II Gas Check Making System - Initial Findings"
daboone

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »

I have a FreeChexII and III. Charlie is an excellent gentleman, well worth doing business with.
I much prefer the FreeChexIII due to ease of use and output. By changing the thickness of material I can make check for all my 30, 7.62 and 8mm boolits.

daboone
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: